This Colada riff from Andres Walters is one of the Boothby Top 50 Drinks of the Year.
Hidden Pina Colada cocktail
- juice pineapple and clarify
- use peels of the pineapple to infuse into coconut water for 24 hours
- Add calcium lactate, sugar and salt to the clarified pineapple juice
- roast pineapple and infuse into rum
- batch clarified pineapple, coconut rum, roasted pineapple rum and pineapple coconut water together.
- Serve in a hip flask in a book with an alcoholic Pina colada Marshmallow on a big rock.
From the drink’s creator, Andres Walters:
“Wanted to have a drink where we could have some fun with a customer. Kinda like discovering old mate’s for the first time. A drink you need to discover.”