The classically constructed drink from Bar Margaux is on the Boothby Top 50 Drinks of the Year 2023.
- 5 dashes Pernod Absinthe
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 7.5mL Green Chartreuse Liqueur
- 22.5mL Del Maguey Vida Mezcal
- 30mL Angel’s Envy Bourbon
Garnish: Grapefruit Twist
- Rinse Rocks glass with Absinthe.
- In a mixing glass, build the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir down with ice and strain into chilled glass.
- Zest and garnish with peel.
“Focused and determined, the Peacemaker is an adventurous ode to Western films.
From the drink’s creator, Nat Yao:
“Taking inspiration from its namesake, the cocktail is punchy at first however its gentle elegance opens up with each sip. A contemporary imagination of a Sazerac, its beauty shines through its thoughtful simplicity.
“It is a drink designed to be enjoyed for all occasions and season, best savoured after a day of hard toil.”