This drink from the talented Nick Corletto is on the 2023 Boothby Top 50 Drinks of the Year.
Propeller Head cocktail recipe
- 20ml Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- 20ml Ragazzi Succo Amaro
- 20ml Okar Tropic Mistelle
- 20ml Acid Modified Red Grapefruit Juice
- Hardshake ingredients with ice.
- Julep strain into a coupe.
- Express grapefruit oils on top.
From Maybe Mae bartender and bar manager Nick Corletto says:
“A zesty, perfumed and aromatic riff on a Paper Plane, this drink switches out the traditional ingredients for alike substitutions made mostly in South Australia. Heady and perfumed thanks to the red grapefruit and the aromatically diverse spirits, this drink elevates the classic cocktail to new sensory heights while maintaining a familiar, comfortable nod to the original.”