This drink from Jack Connor is one of the Boothby Top 50 Drinks of the Year in 2023.
Bad Apple cocktail
- 30ml Rosella’s Blend Bundaberg Rum (infused with Daintree Dark Chocolate, then milk punched with Rainbow paddle pop milk)
- 20ml Brookie’s Barrel Aged Mac
- 15ml mushroom garum caramel
- 10ml Pennyweight Oloroso Sherry
- 6 drops caramelised wattleseed butter
From the drink’s creator, Rosella’s owner and bartender Jack Connor:
“Fantales, in a custom branded fantales wrapper. With fun custom made questions/trivia, such as: Chris Hemsworth once went to the Virgin Islands, they are now called the Islands.
When Allen’s discontinued one of Australia’s most iconic lollies in 2023, we had to make a fantales cocktail with our own custom wrappers and chocolate. When people see us put a fantales out they are amazed... Then when they see it is custom their reaction is pretty wild. Also the drink is absolutely delicious, so that helps (laughy face emoji).”