This riff from Republic of Fremantle is one of the Boothby Top 50 Drinks of the Year.
The Ginacolada cocktail
- 35ml Gin (citrus forward aromatic style is best)
- 45ml fresh pineapple juice
- 12.5ml fresh lime juice
- 1 dash saline (1:4)
- 1 dash absinthe
- 1 generous scoop coconut sorbet
- 30ml prosecco
- Blend all ingredients sans prosecco in a Roband milkshake maker for about 20 seconds.
- Add prosecco to a large highball glass (500ml works best).
- Fine strain the cocktail into prosecco so that it froths up and combines.
- Top with Hoshizaki pebble ice down one side, so that the fluff rises on the other side.
- Dust with freeze-dried raspberry powder (cut 1:1 with icing sugar), and add a straw.