A rich and flavoursome cocktail recalling a traditional baked apple tart.
It doesn't get much more traditional than a tarte aux pommes — that's an apple tart, by the way — and those are the rich, comforting flavours that the bartenders at Sofitel's Champagne Bar are evoking in this Aberfeldy 12 cocktail.
The drink is rich and layered in flavour, the kind of drink you want to sip whilst looking out the floor to ceiling windows of Champagne Bar at the glittering Sydney skyline.
Tarte Aux Pommes
- 40ml Aberfeldy 12
- 15ml G.E Massenez Poire Williams liqueur
- 10ml Urban Beehive Inner West honey syrup
- 30ml apple juice
- 5ml agave syrup
- dehydrated pear, and a cinnamon quill to garnish
- Add all ingredients except the garnishes to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard and strain into an Old Fashioned glass over ice.
- Garnish with the dehydrated pair. Smoke the cinnamon quill and garnish the drink with it whilst still smoking.
Where to find it?
You can taste the Tarte Aux Pommes for yourself at the Champagne Bar at the Sofitel in Darling Harbour, and follow them on Instagram at @sofiteldarlingharbour.